Association for Symbolic Logic Student Travel Grants:
Applications have to be addressed directly to the ASL, with a strict deadline of MARCH 22, 2014.
Information from the ASL webpage:
For ASL student member travel grants ASL-sponsored meetings (other than the 2014 North American Annual Meeting and the 2014 European Summer Meeting), applications and recommendations should be received at least three months prior to the meeting at the ASL Business Office:
ASL, Box 742, Vassar College, 124 Raymond Avenue, Poughkeepsie, New York 12604, USA;
Decisions will be communicated at least two months prior to the meeting.
To be considered for a travel award, please
(1) send a letter of application, and
(2) ask your thesis supervisor to send a brief recommendation letter.
The application letter should be brief (preferably one page) and should include:
(1) your name;
(2) your home institution;
(3) your thesis supervisor's name;
(4) a one-paragraph description of your studies and work in logic, and a paragraph indicating why it is important to attend the meeting;
(5) your estimate of the travel expenses you will incur;
(6) (for citizens or residents of the USA) citizenship or visa status; and
(7) (voluntary) indication of your gender and minority status.
Women and members of minority groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
In addition to funds provided by the ASL, the program of travel grants is supported by a grant from the US National Science Foundation; NSF funds for meetings outside of North America may be awarded only to students at USA universities and to citizens and permanent residents of the USA. Air travel paid for using NSF funds must be in accordance with the Fly America Act. Application by email is encouraged; put "ASL travel application'' in the subject line of your message.